This relatively low-intensity Herald build is melee-ranged, but brings a bunch of defensive options for those tough moments.
- Keep active for fury and auto-attack. Choose (more dps) or (Defense) as well. If using Shiro or Jalis , maintain Impossible Odds or Hammers respectively instead.
- As in 1, + use sword off cooldown.
- As in 2, + legend swap () any time your energy hits 0. This allows you to maintain more facets in glint.
Can choose to camp either offhand sword (useful teleport) or shield (+60 toughness and useful block).
If comfortable with the above, use Sword off cooldown. The full version of this build is one of the easiest DPS builds to play in the game, so its recommended to take a look if you want to move further up the tiers.
These are all options. Also see Variants below:
- Glint/Shiro (boons + dps)
- Shiro/Jalis (dps + defense)
- Jalis/Glint (defense + boons)
- Full Marauder
- Rune of Vampirism
- Set 1: Sword/Sword Force/Air
- Set 2: Sword/Shield Force/Air
Marauder can be replaced by Berserker, Knight, or Soldier, though soldier and knight will perform considerably worse. Sigil of Blood can provide an extra 200 hp/s.
Pick your Legend from Glint, Shiro, or Jalis. In each one you will maintain specific upkeep skills while activating the same set of sword/x skills. Generally, I recommend Glint as it strikes a great balance between damage and defense.
This build may also be viewed at gw2skills